The latest GMOD update in a nutshell.
Porting this map into GMOD 13 Beta, I’m just fixing up the sounds right now and I have the map all compiled up nicely in HDR. I’ll post a link when I’m done!
Another little silly little Gmod video again, this time though the video recorder in GMOD was working so that’s always good!
But seriously, just spawn a balloon in the beta and see what happens…
The beta turret, now in video form so you can see it works!
Music by Hyphellux: http://soundcloud.com/hyphellux
Edit: Going to upload a video tomorrow.
This is the beta version of the Sentry Turret we know and love. It is basically a regular turret in game with a prop_dynamic of a shell parented to it that doesn’t have collisions. They were created in the 1990’s however a ton of them were accidentally spilled into the Underground Beta Testing Area: Moddb.com
So, they are an added challenge to the hazards of the Underground. More on them soon.
Well, MvM launched yesterday and today the final post update to the new Steam Community update has been published.
Now we’ve got:
Game Hubs are collections of game-centric discussions, workshop items, screenshots, videos, and news. It’s both community created and official content, as rated by you, Steam users.
Since The Community first launched, Steam gamers have created over 2.5 Million groups, bringing together their friends and other like-minded gamers to talk about their common interests. Whether these groups were associated with a particular game or were just made up of friends who wanted to play together, we’re making it even easier for those players to share and enjoy their gaming experiences.
My Content Updates
The content you’ve published will also get a new treatment. We’ve put all the content you’ve created in one convenient place to make it easier to both show off and manage. This goes for all your friends and people you follow as well.
We’ve broken out your Friends from the larger Community and each now have their own areas in Steam. Community is now about the entire Steam Community and it’s where Game Hubs, Steam Workshop, and Steam Greenlight will live. Friends is now simply all about you and your friends.
So, on the website it says that the beta is starting now and that the first 50,000 people who got the Pillar of the Steam Community badge at the Summer sale will get 2 beta invites.
Hopefully it will be out of beta soon since it looks awesome!
My feelings exactly!
Dead Parrot Sketch (by sliferjam)
More Keys for Facepunch People
- Creeper120: MY HEART'S BEATING. I f***ING GOT IT
- crazymonkay: Today is gonna be a good day... (He got a key too)
- cubis: Seems like everyone now is getting a key, ugh.
- Kaihong: Got my copy too. I guess they rolled out a bunch of keys for people?
- ryandeering: This thread is gonna get seriously empty soon..
- cubis: Well, that's good because if it's empty, it means everyone has a key which is good.
- Creeper120: I think everyone got a key.
- cubis: No, I haven't gotten a key yet.
- simzboy: One of these days, man. I can feel it.
- mitterdoo: I swear to f***ing god, my screen res is 1024x768. I have all the required specs. This better not be why I'm not being invited
- Amoral Crow: After doing some basic calculations, I estimate that SFM will be officially released around January of 2013. Although I am American, therefore the probability of my mathematics being inaccurate are greatly increased. I will now go, and hit myself in the face until I collapse to the ground.
Source Filmmaker! Open for beta, sign up here: http://www.sourcefilmmaker.com/.
I was messing around with the new GMOD beta demo to video thingy that has all sorts of motion blur effects. More info about the update is here. Also, check out some of the videos other people have made over here!
I’ve already been using this thing called SrcDemo2 for Cloned Cube trailers. It has some of the effects that you see in the new update but it lacks the positional demo stuff. Hey, but I don’t want to get into coding.
Also, check out my new avatar! It is of the Fact Core.